Hi everyone, just a little note to tell you how excited I am to be working with Penny at The Performance Clinic in Low Fell and am really looking forward to meeting you all. I have heard great reviews about the studio and the enthusiasm of everyone so I thought it might be helpful for you to have an insight into who I am and my experience so far.
My name is Denise Ord and I have 2 grown up children (who’s ages shock me as I don’t feel old enough to have children that age), and 1 grandson.
Since joining my first ever Pilates class 16 years or so ago, I have been amazed at the difference it has made to me both mentally and physically. My love for Pilates helped my recovery following a hysterectomy in 2007 and following this I decided to pursue a qualification to teach Pilates. I have previously taught mat and reformer classes in well established North East Pilates studios and in local communities. Since I experienced the diagnosis and removal of a large benign brain tumour, I re-evaluated my life and decided to launch my own Pilates & Yoga business.
Over the last two and a half years I have been running my own Pilates business while juggling working in the Civil service and the responsibilities of a grandparent/ childminder! Not really slowing down as I had promised myself but something I do aim to do, one day. Probably a very similar lifestyle to many of you reading this. However by embracing the principles of Pilates on a daily basis I am convinced that this is the secret to remaining calm and in control, not to mention flexible and healthy to meet the daily challenges.
I am also passionate about helping charities which I do contribute to by monthly donations. In addition to the contributions I have also ran in a number of races on behalf of the charities. I actually completed the Great North Run for the first time in 2015 in 2hr 15 mins and followed that with the Scottish half marathon the following year improving my time to 2hr 3mins. Not bad for someone of my age.
Pilates has changed my life in such a positive way that I believe in utilising my passion for Pilates, I can offer the opportunity for support in rehabilitation, improved health and wellbeing. I cannot wait for people to join me in class.
• Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates (QCF).
• Pilates Union level 3 Diploma in Mat Pilates.
• Programming a Pilates Teaching Session (QCF) Level 3 Certificate.
• Meditation instructors diploma.
• Anatomy & Physiology for Exercise and Health (QCF) level 3 Certificate.
• Principles of Exercise, Fitness and Health (QCF) Level 3 Certificate.
• Know how to support clients taking part in Exercise and Physical Activity (QCF)
Level 2 certificate.
• Health, Safety and Welfare in a Fitness Environment (QCF) Level 2 certificate.
• Delivering a Pilates Session (QCF) Level 2 Certificate.
• Pilates Reformer Course.
• S/NVQ Provision & Management of HR and level 3 Certificate.
• First Aid at Work